Daniel and Meg Park moved to the South Bay from Orange County with a dream to see a fresh, relevant, and dynamic church established in the South Bay of L.A. A church that will bring hearts back to God and cultivate a humble spirituality.
Jesus Center began on Cinco de Mayo of 2013 and has been growing since our first gathering. In the first five years, we used 8 different facilities in efforts to accommodate our growth. (Check out our Youtube page for fun videos recapping our history.)
In July of 2017, we established our first permanent location in Torrance and converted a warehouse into an auditorium, cafe, and classrooms for kids.
In 2020, we are launching a new campus in San Pedro. Because of the many families coming from San Pedro, we rented a space that we can gather every Sunday and passionately serve that city together. More info here!
We believe that we are just getting started, hundreds of wonderful people have made Jesus Center their home church, and we hope that you will be part of our story...
Bringing Hearts Back to God.
As we stay faithful to and fervent in our mission, we will see people coming into a vibrant relationship with God that upgrades every aspect of our lives.
For the message of Jesus was that we would experience a transformative salvation (greek: sozo) in our hearts (John 3:17), a blessed life (greek: zoe) (John 10:10), and the goodness of God's Kingdom - now and later (Matthew 6:10, Romans 14:17).
The Church We See…
1. We are cultivating a humble spirituality, known for our warmth, compassion, and heart to serve (James 4:6).
2. We are a Spirit-filled community, where the presence, power, and gifts of the Holy Spirit are desired, welcomed, and practiced (Acts 1:8).
3. We are diverse community, a multi-ethnic, multi-generational family (Mark 11:17).
4. We are a greenhouse for leaders—equipping, empowering, and releasing others to be who God has designed them to be (Ephesians 4:11-13).
5. We are a church of many Life Groups--doing life together, supporting each other, and growing together in small groups (1 Thessalonians 2:8).
6. We are an expanding church--willing to try new things, explore new territory, and continue to expand our reach and influence, while refusing to become stagnant (Matthew 28:19).
7. We are a praying church--building a team of 300 intercessors who are praying for our church and our region with one heart.
8. We are a church that seeks to be excellent in all we do, while authentic. We want to value the quality of all we do, not at the expense of people, rather because we want to be serve people.
Daniel H. Park is the founder and Senior Pastor of Jesus Center in Torrance, California. He has been teaching on subjects of: Prayer & Meditation, Empowering Relationships, Personal Purpose, Experiential Spirituality, and the Christian Faith for 20 years. He is the author of ten books.
Daniel grew up in Orange County, had a life-altering experience with God at the age of 13, and began speaking to audiences by the age of 15.
While in college, Daniel served as an Associate Pastor in Orange County for 8 years prior to pioneering Jesus Center.
In 2013, he and his wife Meg moved to the South Bay with a vision to see a vibrant community established for this region. With about a dozen friends, Daniel and his wife Meg started Jesus Center in 2013, which has since grown to a family of hundreds of amazing people.
Daniel earned his Bachelors of Arts in History from Azusa Pacific University and his Masters of Arts in Christian Education from Biola University (Talbot Theological Seminary).
Meg was born in New York and grew up in Japan (she's a hapa) and has earned a Bachelors in Social Work from Azusa Pacific University. Meg oversees the administration and worship departments. Daniel and Meg met in college and have been married for ten years and have a five-year old daughter named Eden and a son on the way!
Books: link to Amazon's Author Page.